The curriculum starts with "Strictly Strings" for beginners; classic etudes (Wohlfahrt, Mazas, Kreutzer), Suzuki Books, Solos for Young Violinists and the concertos of Vivaldi, Bach, and Mozart for intermediate and advanced students. The teaching style is influenced by the Suzuki, Kodaly, and Roland schools of music education, as well as traditional pedagogy tracing back to Beethoven and Bach,
- Note reading-- learning music notation.
- Rhythm-- feeling a steady beat, working with metronome.
- Intonation-- pitch accuracy and ear training.
- Technique-- relaxed posture and smooth mechanics.
- Beauty of tone- personalized bow technique.
- Musical expression and understanding-- developing a love of music.
Be'eri also teaches music theory, improvisation and composition.
My students have gone on to play in the
Palo Alto Chamber Orchestra
California Youth Symphony
Peninsula Youth Orchestra
El Camino Youth Symphony, and the Stanford Symphony.